Wednesday, April 24, 2019

A Message from the Fleet Captain.. Now hear this! Now hear this!

Good afternoon Sailors! 
Racing time is here. 
The boatyards are in overdrive 
and skippers are getting antsy!

There are some updates that I wanted to share with you all regarding our fleet.

First off, let’s welcome new participants….

1.       Ron Witmer with him and his co-owners Tripp 26. Pat Seidel has told me he will be helping Ron and his crew out this year. They will be racing non-spin, but I suspect that won’t last long!

2.       Mike Stewart and his J22 will be on the scene. Racing Spinnaker. The boat looks fast!!!!

3.       We have all been waiting to see George Robinson’s J29 which I am told will make an appearance finally!

4.       Henner Neff informed me that his J29 Flossy will be racing… look out Brooks brothers!!!!

5.       I hear rumors of a Melges 24 making an appearance from Oxford….look out Steve and Dotty!!!!

All good stuff. I can’t wait for the competitiveness and comradeship I know will happen this season!!

Second, let not your hearts be troubled regarding pre-determined race courses. This is merely a tool in the Race Committee’s quiver. I am sure that Ron or whoever is running committee boat will want to offer up a custom course every now and then, and that will be fine. In the event they cannot or don’t feel the need to, they will present a fixed course finishing in front of CYC. Starts will always remain into the wind. George has made up boards with numbers (thanks George) and I will also instruct RC to transmit the course several times over VHF.

Third, our new scoring method using ToT instead of ToD will take some getting used to. I ask you to exercise patience. Let’s see how it goes.

Forth, I remind you to be patient with our new Race Committee leader Bernie Schroeder who will be filling in for Red Sky during the month of May. Additionally, scoring will be delayed for the second part of May. George Breig will be handling scoring for 2019, and he will be traveling during the second half of the month. He will be in contact and will score, it just won’t be instantaneous.

Fifth, if you have received an updated PHRF or adjusted PHRF, I will need you to send that to me to file with ESSA.

Finally, please get your membership and race fees into ESSA asap in order to participate.

Best,
Trevor Carouge
ESSA Choptank Fleet Captain    
443-786-1061


No comments:

Post a Comment