Tuesday, September 13, 2022

ESSA Racers Great News! I’m back after three successful surgeries to remove the melanoma and reconstruct my left ear. The better news is that the cancer had not spread to my lymph node system. Therefore, I am thankfully cancer free. Over the next few years I’ll check for reoccurrence by seeing my dermatologist every three months along with a PT scan ordered by my oncologist to identify “hot spots.” I’ll also use sunscreen every day, wear a hat when I’m out, and try to limit my sun exposure. I’d like to thank Pat Seidel, George Breig and Mark McIver for taking over my responsibilities as Fleet Captain. Not an easy job but I know they tried their best to run a good race every week. I heard, however, that they did not bring enough wind on at least 7 Wednesday nights. In fact, it was allegedly so light that some of you didn’t even hoist your sails! Now that I’m back, be assured that I’ve brought enough Fall wind with me for the final two Wednesdays Night Races, the Wild Goose Chase on September 24th and the Choptank Cup on October 8th. Still some great racing ahead to enjoy this season. Hope to see you out there Wednesday night. Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment